• Our group will be part of the $20 million NSF AI-CLIMATE Institute and play a significant role in GHG quantification
• A Agriculutral and Forest Meterorology paper led by Yufeng Yang: Non-growing season N2O emissions call for mitigation strategies in the US Midwest.
• Our group has published several high impact studies, and all of them have been picked up by UMN news, EurekAlert!, ScienceDaily, and more.
• A Nature Climate Change paper led by Zhenong Jin: Critical benefits of snowpack for winter wheat are diminishing.
• A Geoscientifc Model Developement paper led by Licheng Liu: New study could help reduce agricultural greenhouse gas emissions.
• A Remote Sensing of Environment paper led by Chenxi Lin: Using technology to identify crop types early in the season, without entering the field.
• In partnership with Changhyun Choi’s group from ECE, we received a Seed Grant from Minnesota Robotics Institute to automate indoor strawberry yield prediction and harvesting!
• Yufeng Yang has been awarded the very selective UMII-MnDRIVE fellowship for 2022-2023. Congratulations!
• Our group has started two new projects to work on building smart and connected nutrient management communities (funded by the NSF S&CC program #2125626) and understanding and mitigating turfgrass winter stresses (funded by USDA SCRI #2021-51181-35861)!